Before this, you have already done virus removal and manually remove a Trojan horse virus. In this Microsoft tech support blog we are trying to remove a virus through MS-DOS.
Your computer acquires a nasty virus. You know the steps to resolve this normally, running an \"anti-virus\" scan, then one or two \"spyware\" cleanup programs (virus removal). This time, though, matters are more complicated; a file remains behind that keeps re-creating the virus, and \"Windows\" is showing you that irritating \"access is denied\" pop-up every time you try to delete the file by hand.
The problem you are facing is the file is running resident, which means it's loading with Windows, and you won't be able delete it while Windows is running. How do you get around this? To illustrate an example here, the defiant file will be named \"Nastybug.scr\" and will be located in the folder \"C:\\Windows.\" Step by step you will see how to delete that file burrowed into your computer.
1. Choose “Shut Down” on the \"Start\" menu. Then choose “Restart” in the \"Shut Down Windows dialog box that appears.
2. Repeatedly press the \"F8\" key on your keyboard as the computer begins to boot up. You should now see the “Windows Advanced Options Menu.” Use the up and down arrow keys and navigate to “Safe Mode with Command Prompt,” which is the third option. With “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” selected, press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
3. When “Windows” finishes loading in “Safe Mode,” go to the “Start Menu\", choose the “Run” command and type in “cmd.\" This will open an “MS-DOS” or “Command” window.
4. When the “DOS” window appears, you will need to change folders to get to the folder holding the file you need to delete. You do this by typing cd \\”folder name.” Or using our example folder of “Windows” cd \\”windows”. Then press the “Enter” key.
5. Once the correct folder is indicated, at the prompt type in \"del nastybug.scr\".<br />Then press the “Enter” key. Close all programs and restart the computer as usual to exit out of Safe Mode.
Feel free to get online technical support to fix your computer problems. Just Call on Toll-Free number(1-866-541-1792) & get 24*7 expert help for online diagnostic and troubleshooting.