Today PC are built with better hardware to support the new operating system resource demand. but what’s the minimum requirements to run Windows 7? In this blog we have tried to explain all of those who would like to know what hardware Windows 7 has successfully run on.
The official requirements for Windows 7 are:
- 1GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
- 1GB of memory
- 16GB of available disk space
- Support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory (for the Aero interface)
- A DVD-R/W drive
These are basically the minimum requirements to run Windows vista, but I believe you should be able to run Windows 7 on less powerful hardware. probably you won’t be able to run the sleek look on Windows aero, but windows should perform just fine on:
- 1 GHz processor
- 512 MB of Memory
- 15GB of Hard drive space – if you disable the system protection and system restore on the computer you should be able to run windows 7 on a smaller hard drive.
well, the only big difference there is memory, I believe Windows 7 can be ran comfortably with 512 MB of memory.
- 2 GB of system memory.
- Extra additional 15 GB of free disk space.
- Intel-VT or AMD-V supported and enabled CPU (to support hardware virtualization).