McAfee antivirus is one the best antivirus software in the world of security packages developed for desktop or laptop computers. McAfee Antivirus protect your computer from Anti-spyware, firewall protection, Anti-spam and Two-way firewall, Anti-Fishing. After installing McAfee antivirus program it updates itself frequently to be a step ahead of the viruses released on the internet. You may want to uninstall McAfee antivirus from your computer for a number of reasons including the trial version expired, you want to install another security program etc.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus
• Go to “Start” and then click on the “Settings tab”.
• Click on “Control Panel”.
• Now double click on “Add/remove programs” .
• Once you are there you simply have to select the program and click on "uninstall". There might show a confirm button, just click on "uninstall" again and the removal begins.
Steps to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus Using McAfee Removal Tool
• Go to "Start" and then click "Control Panel", and double click on "Add or Remove Programs".
• When the window populates all the programs, locate McAfee Antivirus, click on "Change/Remove". When prompted for a confirmation, click on "Yes" or "Continue". Wait until the process finishes and Windows prompts you to reboot.
• When Windows has rebooted fully, download MCPR.exe file from McAfee Official Website. Click on the "Save File". When done, double click on the MCPR.exe file and click on "Run". You should be logged in as an admin to your computer to run the file.
• Wait until the process finishes and brings up this message 'Cleanup Successful'. Reboot your computer after receiving this message.
• Now contact your McAfee tech support representative and give him the log file details that you saved to your computer. The representative will then check whether McAfee antivirus and it traces have been removed completely from your computer or not.
Feel free to get online technical support to fix your computer problems. Just Call on Toll-Free number(1-866-541-1792) & get 24*7 expert help for online diagnostic and troubleshooting.