Before using a hard drive or a portion of hard drive in your Windows XP computer you need to first partition and format the hard drive. This process will then assign a drive letter to the partition allowing you to access it in order to use it to store and retrieve data. This process is made possible by Microsoft Disk Management utility on the Windows XP system. This Disk Management utility lets you manage all aspects of your hard drives.
Steps to Partition a Hard Disk in Windows XP
• Click on the Windows XP "Start" button and then click "Control Panel" button.
• Now open the "Administrative Tools" section and then click "Computer Management" and then click on "Disk Management."
• Right-click on the hard drive you want to create a partition on, click "New Partition" and then click on the "Next" button.
• Click "Next" and then click the "Format this partition with the following settings" button.
• Select a name for the partition, select a file system for the partition and then click the "Next" and "Finish" buttons to finish setting up and formatting the partition.
If you are facing any problem while performing the above mentioned steps you may take help from Windows XP tech support at their Toll Free No. +1-866-541-1792