Drivers are the software applications that establish communication between a computer and a hardware device like printer. Driver updates can help you make best use of your HP printer by improving its efficiency, functionality, and print quality and on the other hand fixing most of the common HP printer issues that may occur due to the regular or irregular use. You can follow the steps given below to update drivers of your HP printer:
1. Open your web browser and go to HP’s official website (HP.com). Browse to the Support & Drivers section on the top of the screen.
2. Enter your product’s name or number in the blank field and click the Search button. If you don’t know anything about your product, click the How do I find my product name/number link below the box and follow on-screen instructions.
3. Once you have found the name or number, go back to the Support & Drivers section and type it in the desired box. Click Search and choose on-screen prompts.
4. On the next page, select your language by clicking the drop-down menu below Choose your software/driver language. Select your Windows OS by clicking the link below Select Operating System.
5. Under Useful links, you can click to check any of these optional links viz. Automatically check if your drivers need updating (MS Windows x..), Selecting the Correct Printer Driver, or These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HP Software License Agreement. If you choose the first link, it will automatically determine whether your printer drivers need to be updated or not.
6. Checkr rest of the two links also for additional information. If you don’t want to go through all these links, then skip to the Useful Links section. See under Operating System: Microsoft Windows v.section.
7. You will also see two links viz. Applications and Driver under Quick jump to downloads by category under the language selection. If you don’t want to download any application for your printer, then skip to the Driver section. There will be displayed the available drivers with current version, file size, and estimated download time details. Click the Download button next to each driver and start downloading.
8. When prompted, click the Save button and choose a location. Browse to the location and open the file to initiate the setup. Follow instructions and complete the procedure. When prompted, reboot your PC. If you have more driver downloads to go, repeat the above mentioned procedure.
***If you encounter problems like incomplete print documents or slow printing etc. you might not have installed correct, compatible drivers. You can run an online diagnostic test using the HP Printer Check Tool. Visit HP Business Support Center, browse to the Self help resources link and then the automatic driver checker section to begin checking.